Welcome to my personal homepage!
My professional and personal interest is for many years the prevention and treatment of cardiovascular diseases and their risk factors as well as the prevention and topical therapy of sports related injuries.
Thanks to my medical education at internationally renowned institutions as well as my many years as director of the Institute for Cardiovascular Research and Sports Medicine at the German Sports University in Cologne, I have the opportunity to apply advanced diagnostic and therapeutic procedures and strategies in our Clinic for Prevention and Sport Medicine at the German Sport University, Cologne .
This offer is valid both for individual patients as well as for groups, such manager-checks.
Of course I keep my knowledge up to date by continuing visits of international congresses as well as through a variety of research projects.
My medical knowledge and my experience, I give in university teaching to the students of the German Sports University in Cologne but continue through lectures in the framework of congresses and certified training courses.
H.G. Predel, MD
Date of Birth August 4th., 1959
Place of Birth Wiedenbrügge / Landkreis Hannover
- 1978 –1984 Medical School Aachen and Bonn, Germany
- 1985 –1985 MD, Approbation and Medical Thesis
- 01/1985 ECFMG – US Medical Exam
- 1984 – 1985 Internship at the University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
- 1985 – 1990 Resident at the University Hospital Bonn (Internal Medicine and Cardiology)
- 1990 – 1992 Research at the Univ. of California, San Francisco / Stanford, USA (Profs. J. Baxter, D. Gardner) and University Hospital Basel, Switzerland (Prof. F. Bühler).
- since 03/1992 Chief Resident at the Institute of Cardiology at the German Sports University
- 07/1998: PHD in Sports Medicine
- since 2001 Full Professor and Head of the Institute of Cardiology at the German Sports University
- 2002 – 2008: Vice President of the German Sports University
- 2007: President of the 40th Congress of the German Society of Sportmedicine
- Since 2009: Medical Coordinator of the German Sports University
- 2011: President of the scientific Congress of the German Society of Hypertension and Prevention
- European Society of Cardiology – Member of the Scientific Committee
- European College of Sports Sciences
- German Society of Internal Medicine
- German Society of Sports Medicine
- German Society of Hypertension
- Role of physical activity in the prevention and rehabilitation of cardiovascular and metabolic diseases
- Injury Prevention and topical therapy of sports related injuries
- Interactions of physical activity with pharmacotherapy
- Gender specific aspects of physical activity
- Physical activity and high performance exercise in childhood and adolescence
- Biological adaptations in high performance athletes